Calm is based on a centuries-old classic formula to help your mind and your body handle stress.
Stress is the normal psychological reaction to the demands of life. Most people experience challenges with mental or physical stress on a regular basis. When confronted with stress, the body responds with a burst of hormones to empower the organism to cope and survive – a reaction that is labeled as the "fight-or-flight" response. Once the stress is gone, however, the body is supposed to return to a normal relaxed state. Unfortunately, the nonstop stress of modern life often keeps the body in a constant stressed state. Over time, constantly living in a stressed state coupled with an absence of relaxed states leads to serious health problems. Acute and chronic stress can affect the brain, heart, muscles, digestion, sleep, and even the immune system.
Calm is ideal for:
- Stress, anxiety, nervousness, restlessness
- General symptoms associated with stress, such as poor appetite, poor digestion, headache, tension, irritability, and insomnia
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) with breast distention, irritability and/or mood swings
- Calming effect to relieve restlessness and irritability
- Anxiolytic function to relieve stress, nervousness and anxiety
- Analgesic action to relieve pain, headache and muscle tension associated with stress
Take 3 to 4 capsules three times daily on an empty stomach with warm water. Dosage may be increased to 6 to 8 capsules three times daily if necessary to alleviate symptoms for a few days. Once stabilized, reduce dosage back down to 3 to 4 capsules three times daily.